Monday, April 19, 2010

Epic Fail – day 7

My day was off from the beginning. Sundays is usually pancake breakfast for the boys (I have three nine, seven, and three). I had decided not to take part in it as it doesn’t fit into my BFL eating. I didn’t feel like researching a high protein pancake. The problem was we were out of instant pancake list so I got out our betty crocker cook book and the only thing easy in it was waffles. Man it was easy and they looked good so I decided I would have half of one (as the calories on it wasn’t too bad) and would use my protein powder to make a cream for syrup and a banana.     045 046048

The upper left is the batter itself. The left is the protein shake with a little bit of soy milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. I think I should have left out the extra vanilla as the jay robb protein is tasty without the extra.  Doesn't that waffle look yummy. And it really was!

This was also eaten later then 7 (which is if I stay on schedule I should eat first) it was closer to 8 or a little after. So when ten rolled around I felt I should save my calories since I had just eaten fairly recently. I think this is where it all started going down hill.  I felt hungry sooner then my next eating time (after the usual 10 I skipped 12-1230 is next) so I had some tuna pickles and cherry tomatoes.

And then after going to the grocery store I felt hungry sooner then my usual time again.  See a pattern here! grrr. So I ate again. Then we had a dinner planned at my parents house. I made a tex mex lasagna and everyone loved it. I loved it also but had way to big of a piece. The next issue was there is something about my parents house that makes me want to eat junk. I swear everything that lives in there gets fat. The people and the animals. My mom isn’t plump by any means but she does struggle from time to time. She is a thin emotional eater but she has better genetics then me I think.  I take after my Dad I think genetically. So I had a PB bar then a sugar free pop (which is sodium and didn’t even taste good) then came home and had some candied nuts and chips. It was like an emotional downward spiral. And of course I didn’t feel like exercising plus I mismanaged time all day and procrastinate on school work that had to be done. *&#$@!$ I was and am not a happy camper. Plus the scale this morning reflected the salt and lack of water intake this am. But I know see the errors I made and all I can do is take them in mind for the future and move on and try again. I am an emotional food addict. Three days of being on track does not mean I am cured! I can never get cocky.

Has there been times when you thought you had overcome something emotionally just to find out you hadn’t?

No comments:

Post a Comment