Friday, April 16, 2010

Awesome day

and my first free day.  Physically and emotionally I learned a lot!  I just felt blah today in general but I still feel great in general which I think is the three days before that I ate great.  But I could tell the add sugar and carbs my body hates.  It made me either very energized (fast talking/babbling and racing thoughts) or slow and lethargic (feeling actually tired and needing an nap – haven’t even thought of a nap all week which is a huge difference for me and sometimes it seemed I talked slow.  I think it was due to my blood sugar).  It made me finally see the light… it’s like I get it my body doesn’t even WANT those foods.  Just my mind.  In fact I had to force my mind to tell it to choose some of the food I ate today.  I told myself I promised me I would but now I realize how foolish that is.  I think I was seeing my free day as an all you can eat day but really it isn’t or shouldn’t be.  And I just don’t like feeling this blah.  So I am going to rethink my free rules. 

It was an awesome day as we took a family mini trip to the next larger town from us (It is an hour and half away) that has more then a walmart.   I bought some Kombucha that my new favorite blogger recommended but I didn’t realize it was so pricey.  I bought two because I am curious BUT I am thinking I should be very happy there is not a store close to me due to the price.  I will give a review tomorrow.

Also while there I picked up a box of Clif Builders (at sam’s club) as it was a great price and though they weren’t the chocolate mint I had the other day I figured they would still taste awesome.  And though this blog is my health diary and I plan on making it only that I wanted to say how excited I was to get a deal on a new camera.  I have a nice one but it it too bulky to carry around and I wanted to be able to take pictures easier for the blog. 

Kodak EASYSHARE C180 10.2 MP Digital Camera (Silver)

And this is not a brag but a I LOVE a great deal after savings and my coupon it was only 44.00 with tax!!  Crazy!  I am excited to use it.  I wanted it in another color but at staples it was sold out online (I think this is the old model) and it was the last one at the store so I feel lucky to have even gotten at all. 

Another reason today was awesome is we went and say this movie

It is now my favorite animated movie.  It use to be The Incredibles at the top then Aladdian (It was my favorite as a child) then Shrek original.  The story is old hat and predictable but for some reason the way it was told it felt new and heartfelt.  And I have a thing for dragons so that helped.  Night Fury (the type of dragon in the picture above) is my favorite.  Go check it out!  But don’t be cheap like us and see the 2d.  We should have spent the money and seen it in 3d.  My hubby and I have decided we will need to conform and bite the bullet for the next movie we see that offers 3D.  It just chaps me that they charge so much more but I guess it is extra work so what are you going to do? (ok off soapbox lol)

Lastly, I want to share another blog that I read today that had a guest interview.  The interviewee was asked ….

“Me: Yeah. I think really believing you can do it is key. Gaining lost weight back is pretty common. Do you ever fear slipping back into your old ways of eating/living?
Bo: No. There is nothing out there to eat that is better than weighing what you want to.”

Oh snap!  When I read that today it sent chills up my arms.  It totally truck a raw nerve and was an ah ha moment.  This is the perfect perspective and I hope to keep Bo’s sentiment fresh in my mind every day.  Please check the blog for the full interview (Bo lost a 100 pounds) and the blog in general.  Keelie is very inspirational.  And the pictures of her journey are phenomenal.  I hope to be able to show those kinds of results very soon.

Tomorrow should be another awesome family fun filled day (the annual festival is this weekend).  I noticed they are having a 5k which I have always wanted to do but I am not there yet.  I do have a new goal though.  To be in shape enough to be actual competition next year.  Gotta love goals!  :D

Do any of you have a current fitness goal or do you remember the first time you did and the victory you felt?

What is your favorite animated movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment