Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day Three

So here is my food break down for the day.

Calories 1858

Fat 69 g
Sodium 2847 mg
Carbs 210 g
Sugars 109 g
Fiber 33 g
Protein 125 g

My work out for burned calories are just a guestimate and I try to be conservative so I am sure it really is more was…

Weight Lifting - free weights or machine, moderate  --                       upper body and abdominals 
30 minutes   137 calories                                                                        Treadmill -- twenty minutes at different inclines up to 18% and a base speed of 3.8   215 calories                                                 
Stair climbing  -- 10 minutes going backwards & 10 minutes frontwards going to level 10 (not sure the level thing)                     137 calories
Totals 489

So that adds an extra 489 calories that can be consumed.  I am wanting to stay at or below 1582 a day (this is the number picked by the website I am using to keep track of calories) I did go over the 1582 today but I actually have 213 left if I wanted with the exercise.  I don’t want to use up the exercise calories every day but if I do once or twice a week I am fine with that.  I am trying to find a happy medium so this eating style doesn’t seem so hopeless or restrictive. 

I have a real problem saying no to food especially in public places.  Today my middle son (I have three boys and no girls) had a school function and they had cookies and this chocolate/PB chex mix goodness.  I had a cookie and a handful of the chex mix and in hindsight I could have forgone it all.  It really didn’t taste all that heavenly.  But I had real problems saying completely no too.  And I tried that is the sad part.  I need to read some more of that book to figure out why or how to control it.  Plenty of people could have looked at that food and just said no thank you!  but not me.  :(  Grrrr!  But it was just a small thing in the big picture so more for reflection then being critical.  And I do want some flexibility BUT where is the line in all that.  I really need to figure that all out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment